Injury At The Hands Of Medical Professionals
When you or a loved one visits a medical professional, you inherently approach them with trust and confidence. But if medical negligence, or medical malpractice, occurs, that trust is irrevocably broken. The reality is that even the best doctors can make mistakes, but the results of those mistakes can have serious, even deadly, consequences.
Medical professionals have a duty to provide a standard level of care. If you or a loved one experienced malpractice resulting in serious harm, you deserve financial compensation. Whether a delay in diagnosis led to the loss of a chance to cure a disease, or a delivery room error resulted in a life-altering impairment, we can help. At Frails & Wilson Attorneys At Law in Augusta, we will aggressively seek damages for losses such as past and future medical expenses, lost income and mental anguish.
What Types Of Medical Negligence Exist
Some of the types of medical malpractice we are prepared to help you with include:
- Diagnosis errors: Includes failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis
- Birth injury: Negligence during prenatal care, labor and delivery or postpartum care
- Medication errors: From wrong dosage to wrong drug
Medical Malpractice Cases Require Experienced Attorneys
Medical negligence cases are particularly challenging for a number of reasons including:
- There is a higher burden of proof: The medical professional must have deviated from the accepted standard of care. It is more than just proving negligence.
- The harm must be significant: The resulting injury must be serious, lasting and profound.
- They are more likely to go to trial: When a doctor’s or hospital’s reputation is on the line, they may be more reluctant to settle.